The Alcohol Health Alliance UK (AHA) is an alliance of more than 50 non-governmental organisations whose mission is to reduce the harm caused to health by alcohol. Our members include medical royal colleges, charities, treatment providers and alcohol health campaigners. We work together to:
- Highlight the rising levels of alcohol-related health harm;
- Propose evidence-based solutions to reduce this harm;
- Influence decision makers to take positive action to address the harm caused by alcohol.
From 2018-2020, we focused our activities on two priorities:
- Tackling cheap alcohol through minimum unit pricing (MUP) and alcohol duty increases;
- Increasing knowledge of the Chief Medical Officers’ (CMOs’) drinking guidelines and alcohol’s link to cancer, particularly through better alcohol labelling.
Read the full review here.